This is an event organized with the intention of passing on the teachings and wisdom of the Sufi masters to the new generation. In the Khatam we also ask Allah Almighty to keep us on the path of the great masters. The life and works of a great Sufi master is the subject of the event.
Next Khatam – Khwaja Ya’qub Charkhi (RA)
Date TBC – at 8pm – after Dhikr
2/4 Yarwood Street, Bury, BL9 7AU
Food will be served.
The program is mainly presented in English since the target audience is young people. The programme starts with the recitation of the Qur’an. Nasheeds are then read in praise of the prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). The make up of the program material is based on Waqias (Stories) from the life of the Shaykh and their significance in today’s world. Usually we try to emulate the Sufi style of explanation which applies the right dosage of humour and sincerity.
The programme comes to an end with collective Salawat and Dua.
Finally all guests are served food with traditional muslim hospitality. Since this is a family event everyone is welcome including peoples of other faiths.
- Shaykh Sayyid Abdul Qadir Gilani (RA)
- Shaykh Abu Hamid Muhammad al-Ghazzali (RA)
- Shaykh Mirza Mazhar Jaan e Jannan (RA)
- Hazrat Qibla Sultan Alam (RA)
- Hazrat Bulleh Shah (RA)
- Hazrat Mahbub e Ilahi Nizamuddin Awliya (RA)
- Hazrat Allama Iqbal (RA)
- Hazrat Rabia al-Basri (RA)
- Hazrat Sayyida Nafisa (RA)
- Shaykh Abdus Salam ibn Mashish (RA)
- Mian Muhammad Sharqpuri (RA)